CrownBet Rewards is authorised by the Northern Territory Racing Commission. Under CrownBet's terms and conditions, as part of each eligible wagering contract, members receive a rebate in the form of CrownBet Rewards Points.
1. By entering in the 2017 CrownBet Rewards NRL Tipping Competition (Competition), participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
2. Eligible Participants can have one entry into the Competition. Any person submitting more than one entry will not be eligible to win any Prize in the Competition.
3. There are no fees, charges, or purchases required to play the Competition, other than relevant internet usage costs.
4. The Competition commences at 12:01 am Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDST) on 14 February 2017 and closes at 11.59 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 27 August 2017 (Competition Period), and will cover each of the 26 rounds of fixtures in the National Rugby League Home and Away season (Season), as notified on NRL.com.
Who is eligible to participate?
5. The Competition is open to CrownBet Rewards members who:
(a) are at least 18 years of age;
(b) reside in Australia or New Zealand;
(d) are compliant with these Terms and Conditions
(each an Eligible Participant).
6. You do not need to have a wagering account or to engage in any wagering activity to enter the Competition.
7. Employees of CrownBet, the NRL, all official NRL clubs, Fan Hub Media, their agencies and other forms or companies associated with the Competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
8. Any individual that is self-excluded with CrownBet is ineligible to participate.
9. Following the completion of the registration process, Eligible Participants may participate in all remaining Rounds which have not already been completed or Locked-Out.
How to enter the Competition
10. In order to enter the Competition, an Eligible Participant must:
(a) Login or create a CrownBet Rewards account at of www.crownbet.com.au (Website);
(b) Visit the tipping section of the Website and register their username; and
(c) submit tips for each round of the Season.
How to participate in the Competition
11. Eligible Participants are required to login to the Competition homepage and submit their selections for:
(a) the ‘head-to head’ winner of each match in each round of the Season; and
(b) a margin for the opening match of each Round.
12. All tips must be entered prior to the commencement of each match. The relevant match on the website will be locked at the commencement of each match and no further tips will be accepted. Eligible Participants may change their tips for any match up until the commencement of each match.
13. If an Eligible Participant:
(a) does not submit a tip for a given match in a Round, then the Eligible Participant’s tip for that match will be deemed to be for the away team. An Eligible Participant can score a maximum of 4 points per Round for matches where they have failed to submit a tip;
(b) does not enter a Margin for the nominated match in each Round, then the Eligible Participant’s margin will default to zero.
Scoring and Rankings
14. Eligible Participants will be allocated points based on the number of correct tips submitted:
(a) one (1) point will be allocated for each correct winning team selection;
(b) zero (0) points will be allocated for each incorrect team selection; and
(c) in the event a match is drawn, cancelled, abandoned, not completed or not played for any reason and/or a result not officially declared within three (3) days of the date the match was originally scheduled to be played, it is treated as a win for both teams competing in that match and one (1) point will be awarded to all Eligible Participants.
15. Results and margins of the relevant match will be determined in accordance with the decision of the NRL as published on the NRL’s official website (NRL.com).
16. Eligible Participants will be ranked on a leaderboard on the Website. Rankings will appear by score for the previous Round (Round Ranking), and the overall score for the Competition to date (Overall Ranking) as set out below. These rankings are an indication of ranking for all participants in the Competition (including persons who participate in the Competition who are not Eligible Participants).
17. Margins are taken into account when two or more Eligible Participants have the same score in terms of their Round Ranking or Overall Ranking. The number of points between an Eligible participant’s margin prediction and the actual margin for each nominated match will form the basis of the Eligible Participant’s Margin Score. The Margin Score will accumulate each week for the purposes of Overall Rankings.
Determining Competition Winners
18. The Winner(s) of the Competition will be the Eligible Participant(s) with the highest Overall Ranking after the conclusion of the Season and will receive the Major Prize; and
19. If there is more than one Winner then each of those Eligible Participants will be declared Winners and will share in the total value of the Major Prize in equal proportions.
20. All Eligible Participants who select 8 out of 8 tips correctly in any week of the Season will win the Weekly Minor Prize. Weekly Minor Prizes will not be awarded in rounds where less than 8 games are played (rounds 12, 13, 15, 16, 18 and 19).
21. All Eligible Participants who correctly select the opening game winner and correct margin in any week of the Season will receive the Weekly Major Prize.
22. All Winners will be required to have their age and identity verified by CrownBet prior to receiving their prizes. Any individual that is deemed by CrownBet to have breached the Terms and Conditions will be declared ineligible and will not be entitled to receive any Prizes.
23. The Major Prize is $50,000.
24. The Weekly Minor Prize is 500 CrownBet Rewards Bonus Points (equivalent value $5).
25. The Weekly Major Prize is 1,000 CrownBet Rewards Bonus Points (equivalent value $10).
26. The total prize pool for the Competition is valued at approximately $130,000.
27. All Prizes are not transferrable. Weekly Minor and Weekly Major prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
28. CrownBet Rewards Bonus Points do not contribute to your tier status in the CrownBet Rewards loyalty program. The Bonus Points can be redeemed for any items available in the CrownBet Rewards Store. Items listed in the CrownBet Rewards Store are subject to specific terms and conditions which are available on the CrownBet Rewards website.
29. All Winner(s) will be determined at CrownBet’s office, Level 27, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000 by 11.00am AEDST or AEST:
(a) In the case of the Major Prize Winner, on the Tuesday following the last round of the Season; and
(b) In the case of the Major and Minor Weekly Prize Winners, on the Tuesday following the completion of each round.
30. All Winner(s) will be notified by email or telephone if they have been successful in winning any Prizes by 5pm on the day after Winners are determined in accordance with the above.
31. The Winner(s) of the Major Prize will be published on the Website after winner determination.
32. If the Winner or any Winners do not claim their Prize within 3 months of being notified in accordance with clause 29, then CrownBet will conduct an unclaimed prize selection process. The unclaimed prize selection process (if required) for all unclaimed prizes will take place at 11 am AEDST on 7 December 2017 at CrownBet’s office, Level 27, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. In the unclaimed prize selection process, any unclaimed prizes will be awarded in descending order of value, with the highest valued unclaimed prize awarded first to the person who came overall second in the Competition. The next highest valued unclaimed prize will be awarded to the person who came overall third in the Competition. This process will continue until all unclaimed prizes are awarded. Winners (if any) in the unclaimed prize selection process will be notified in writing by email within 2 business days and names will be published on CrownBet’s website for a period of twenty-eight (28) days following the unclaimed prize draw on 7 December 2017.
33. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
34. The result of the Competition is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
35. CrownBet reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and identification details of all Eligible Participants (including identity, age and place of residence) and disqualify any entry that is not submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
36. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person. Multiple entries from the same person are to be deemed invalid.
37. The Competition is intended for bona fide participants and it is a requirement that all entrants act in good faith at all times.
38. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond CrownBet's control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, subject always to State regulations, CrownBet reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
39. CrownBet accepts no responsibility for any registrations or entries not received for any reason. Registrations will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected registrations or entries. CrownBet is not responsible for technical difficulties with the online registration or entry process and does not warrant that the online registration and entry will be available at all times.
40. Any participant who, in the opinion of CrownBet, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process (including submitting incomplete Registrations), will be ineligible to participate.
41. CrownBet reserves the right to disqualify participants in the event of non-compliance with these Rules.
42. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition, the decision of CrownBet is final and binding on each person who participates and no correspondence will be entered into.
43. To the extent permitted by law, CrownBet shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Competition.
44. CrownBet collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition, and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information by CrownBet and CrownBet may use this information to contact them with special offers, news and information about its products and services, including via electronic messaging.
(a) CrownBet will collect, store and use personal information;
(b) entrants can file a complaint about a privacy breach and how CrownBet will deal with such complaint; and
(c) entrants can seek access to and request correction of any personal information CrownBet holds about them.
47. By participating in the Competition, the Eligible Participant agrees and acknowledges that:
(a) they may be contacted by CrownBet to provide comments about the Competition and CrownBet (or an agent of CrownBet) may take photos of them;
(b) CrownBet may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for CrownBet's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
(c) CrownBet may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as CrownBet wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. CrownBet may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
(d) they acknowledge that CrownBet retains all right, title and interest, including copyright, in the Materials and, by participating in the Competition, they assign to CrownBet on creation of the Materials all right, title and interest which might, but for these terms and conditions, vest in them;
(e) They unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
(f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia and they agree not to instigate, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
48. CrownBet and its affiliates and subsidiaries, or any of their employees, officers or directors shall not be liable for any damages howsoever arising as a result of a participant's or winner's participation in an event or any such modification, alteration, discontinuance or termination of any tournament, and any such liability shall be borne solely and exclusively by the participant or winner, as the case may be.
49. By entering the Competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms & conditions.
50. The Promoter is CrownBet Pty Ltd (ACN 162 554 707), Level 27, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000. Telephone: 03 9257 3500.
51. The Competition is authorised by NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/11181 and ACT Permit No. TP17/00154